Omega VS Hublot Watches
There are those that swear by each brand but which one is the best for you?
Omega VS Hublot: Which is Better?
We hear "What is a better watch Omega or Hublot?" more often than you think and it can be answered several ways depending on the context of the question." So let's answer all of them, shall we?
We are here to address some key questions that you're probably asking yourself when comparing Hublot VS Omega. These two luxury brands are both very popular and are often considered when looking for a luxury watch from a well-known Swiss watchmaker. You may be considering a purchase and want to find out what is a better watch Omega or Hublot. Both brands produce some really great watches. That being said, in the case of Hublot VS Omega, let's find out if it's Hublot or Omega that is the best brand for you.
For your convenience, we created two buttons that link to each brand should you wish to visually compare their products while reviewing this comparison. Clicking on either one of the buttons will open a new tab so you can see them side by side.
Which Brand is Better, Hublot or Omega?
There are 16 watch brands that rank in the top 50 Swiss brands. This will give you an idea of just how important watchmaking is in Switzerland as well as how big these brands really are. In terms of recognition, this is how Hublot VS Omega compare.
Hublot Versus Omega Comparison
Omega is the #7 most recognized Swiss brand worldwide* with only one other watch company before them making Omega the #2 most recognizable Swiss watch brand in the world with around 70% brand recognition internationally.
Hublot is in position #40 of the same top 50* Swiss brands making Omega the 14th most recognizable Swiss watch brand in the world. Are they a major brand? Yes! Very major. People just recall the Omega brand more for a few reasons.
So in terms of how many comments you'll get if you wore each watch, chances are, you will hear "Hey, Nice Omega watch!" more often since a higher percentage of people (many of which are not "watch people" per se) will remember Omega compared to Hublot. However, anyone who knows anything at all about watches would know that Hublot is a superb watch brand that has made some tremendous achievements and earned their stripes despite being a much younger Swiss watch brand compared to Omega.
*Source: Most Valuable Swiss Brands by Interbrand, an agency that measures brand value and recognition. https://www.rankingthebrands.com/PDF/Interbrand%20Best%20Swiss%20Brands%202016.pdf/de/
Omega VS Hublot Prices
Hublot Prices start at about twice the price of the cheapest Omega. At the moment, the cheapest new Hublot watch for men would be the Hublot Classic Fusion Automatic 38mm men's watch followed by the Hublot Classic Fusion Quartz 33mm ladies watches which cost about $1000 less than the ladies' size. The men's version uses automatic calibers that are purely mechanical movements while the ladies' version is slightly less since it uses a battery-powered quartz movement.
Omega Prices start at less than half the price of a Hublot. With more affordable watches such as the 35mm Seamaster 300m or the Men's 35mm Omega Constellation Quartz for about $300 more than the women's Seamaster 300m watches. These two Omega watches use cost-effective battery-powered quartz movements, however, Omega makes many mechanical movements with some tremendous features that come at a higher price point.
You should, however, compare apples with apples. Hublot makes all sorts of watches and although they aren't as famous as Omega which has a few iconic watches such as the Moonwatch and the James Bond watches, they are considered a more prestigious brand by watch lovers and collectors the world over. Yes, there are quartz Hublots available which are considered by collectors to be not as impressive as a mechanical watch but they offer some really impressive precision mechanical calibers for their watches. A notable achievement and impressive watch which boasts not just its craftsmanship but also its creative ingenuity would be the Masterpiece collection with watches such as the MP-02 Key of Time and the Big Bang Unico Ferrari which uses an in-house Caliber such as the Hublot UNICO HUB1241.
So considering the above, what determines the value of the cheapest Hublot caliber VS the cheapest Omega movement?
Which leads to the next question.
Omega or Hublot: Which Holds Value Best?
Is Omega a good watch? Yes. An excellent watch. There is a direct correlation though between the value of a brand, the recognition of a brand and the resale value. While there are some watches that have a high resale value for other reasons such as the rarity or iconic status of a watch; as a general rule, the better the brand the more you'll get back when trying to sell it. This is true with most products, not just watches.
In terms of the street value of Hublot watches, you really can't paint an answer with a broad brush and one reason may be because they produce many limited edition watches, special edition watches, and numbered edition watches. However, in terms of the percentage of what you originally paid for a Hublot or Omega versus what you can sell it for, you will usually get more when reselling your Hublot watches compared to reselling your Omega watch. It's almost a given every time. What's better than a Hublot? In terms of resale value? Nobody.
Now, as to why you'd want to sell a Hublot or Omega watch? Beats me. However, let's look at common reasons why some people would (or wouldn't) buy an Omega or a Hublot watch.
Pros & Cons of buying Omega watches
- They are substantially more affordable and attainable than Hublots since their production output is far greater than Hublot
- Omega is a very major watch brand with a brand value of over 9 times that of Hublot watches and nearly 70% international brand recall
- They have a reputation for being very professional watches like the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch which is designed for aeronauts such as pilots, astronauts, and was the first watch ever on the moon's surface and worn by Buzz Aldrin.
- Omega Seamaster watches were featured in James Bond 007 Movies ever since the "Goldeneye" film featuring Pierce Brosnan
- There are literally over a thousand models from which to choose
- Watch connoisseurs recognize an Omega as a respected watch seeing as their Master Chronometers are possibly the most measurably accurate mechanical movements which is Certified by both COSC and METAS.
- They're unique in the sense that they have some proprietary innovations such as the Co-Axial escapement which nearly doubles the amount of time before a routine servicing is required.
- They have quite a few special edition watches and limited edition watches
- Omega also has many quartz models which offer more precision and require less maintenance than mechanical watches
- Omega watches usually hold their value better than Hublot watches
- They don't produce as many super high-priced blingy models as Hublot (if that's what you're looking for)
- They also don't produce as many limited editions, special editions, numbered edition watches
As you can see from the above pros and cons that through their unique product line, Omega has positioned their brand in the luxury watch market to capture both customers seeking affordable but high-end watches while at the same time catering to those that are looking for higher-end iconic watches. Some even have special features tailored to specific situations. They have many high-quality tool watches as well as many elegant dress watches. They are also competitively priced.
Pros & Cons of buying Hublot watches
- They are one of the more recognized brands of luxury watches in the world
- They have many special edition watches and limited edition watches
- They have many blingy models with diamond bezels, pavé dials (faces paved with diamonds), precious metals of all sorts ...if you're into that
- They are usually less affordable than Omegas
- They are a less recognized brand of luxury watches when compared to Omega
- They, in general, don't have as great a resale value compared to Omega
If you enjoyed this comparison and feel that others would enjoy it too, please like and share it. Thanks!