Brushed & polished stainless steel case. Black dial. Applied polished index hour markers. Polished hands. Fine printed minute, seconds & fractions of a second track on the dial flange. Small seconds sub-dial at 9 o'clock. Date window at 3 o'clock.
- Chronograph/Stopwatch function:
- Central seconds counter hand.
- 30 minute counter sub-dial between 1 & 2 o'clock.
- 12 hour counter sub-dial between 4 & 5 o'clock.
- GMT/2nd Time zone:
- 24 hour markings on the dial perimeter.
- Red arrow-head hand makes a single revolution once every 24 hour hours & points to the desired second time zone.
- The 2nd time-zone time is indicated in 24 hour mode to eliminate confusion between day & night at the additional time-zone.
- Power Reserve Indicator:
- located between 7 & 8 o'clock.
Fitted on its original brushed & polished stainless steel bracelet with a push button deployant clasp. The bracelet will fit up to an 8" wrist.Movement:
Powered by a Grand Seiko Spring Drive caliber 9r86:
- The Spring Drive movement is for the most part mechanical, but with a electrical powered regulating mechanism resulting in an extremely accurate timepiece.
- No external source of power (such as a battery) is required. The unwinding force of the mechanically wound mainspring generates a slight electrical current.
- The electrical power is then used to activate & power a quartz oscillator which vibrates at 32,786 Hz & transmits a precise reference signal to the Integrated Circuit.
- The IC compares the speed from the oscillator to the speed of the glide wheel (which drives the gears) and applies a magnetic brake when it detects the glide-wheel turning too fast.
- The seconds hand moves in a continuous smooth gliding motion.
- Accurate up to +/- 1 second per day.
- Contains 50 jewels & has an approximate power reserve of 72 hours or 3 days.
In near new condition. With only very minor signs of wear. We have not had this watch case buffed, polished or refinished in order to maintain the original factory 'zaratsu' finishing. However, we have had the bracelet lightly buffed to remove most signs of wear. We would comfortably grade this watch at 95%+ overall condition. Delivered in its original box with all papers. The factory warranty expires 09/2020. Complications:
Chronograph, GMT/Dual Time Zone