The Speedmaster Moonwach Apollo 11 50th Anniversary edition commemorates 50 years since the Apollo 11 moon landing in 1969. Limited & numbered edition of 6969 pieces.
Special edition features:
- A unique 11 o'clock hour marker.
- The 9 o'clock sub-dial features a laser engraved image, in 18kt Moonshine Gold, of Astronaut Buzz Aldrin stepping down onto the lunar surface.
- The case back is engraved with "APOLLO 11 - 50th ANNIVERSARY - LIMITED EDITION - xxxx/6969".
- The center of the case back features a laser engraved image of an astronauts footprint framed by Neil Armstrong's legendary quote "THAT'S ONE SMALL STEP FOR A MAN – ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MANKIND."
- Delivered in an elaborate special-edition box with two mission patches & a lunar module display stand. The interior of the box features 2 engraved plates with the landing site-coordinates & time.
- Included with the watch is an additional Velcro strap with black-coated cork, a branded strap changing tool & a brand loop.
Brushed & polished stainless steel case. 18kt Moonshine Gold bezel with with a polished black ceramic bezel ring with a Tachymeter scale in Ceragold. Grey main dial with black sub-dials & dial flange. Polished 18kt Moonshine Gold hands, the hour & minute hands with luminous fill. Applied 18kt Moonshine Gold index hour markers with luminous tips. Fine printed minute/seconds & fractions of a second track. Small continuous running second hand sub-dial located at the 9 o'clock position. NAIAD LOCK case back assures the screw-in case back is oriented & aligned with the watch.
- Chronograph functions:
- Large central seconds hand counter.
- 30 minute counter sub-dial located at the 3 o'clock position.
- 12 hour counter sub-dial located at the 6 o'clock position.
- The watch is fitted on its original brushed & polished stainless steel bracelet with a push-button folding clasp. Th bracelet is fully linked & will fit up to an 8" wrist.
- Included is an additional Velcro strap with black-coated cork. This strap is completely unworn.
Powered by an Omega Master Chronometer caliber 3861 which beats at 21,600 vph (3Hz), contains 26 jewels & has an approximate power reserve of 50 hours. The movement is a Swiss Federal Institute of Metrology (METAS) certified Master-Chronometer. The METAS certification tests water resistance, precision and magnetic resistance up to 15,000 gauss. The movement also features Omega's Si14 silicon balance spring and Omegas Co-Axial escapement.Condition:
We took this watch in on trade from a customer who had purchased the watch barely a month earlier. He wore the watch once or twice at most. The watch is in pristine, near perfect overall condition. We would rate the watch as in an over 98% condition. Delivered in its original box with the complete set of add-ons, all papers & its limited edition certificate. Complications: