OMEGA Speedmaster Moonwatch Apollo 11 commemorates the 45th anniversary of the first lunar landing. At 20:18 UTC on July 20th 1969 the Apollo 11 landed on the moon, 6 hours later at 02:56 UTC on July 21 1969 two NASA astronauts were the first human beings ever to set foot on the moon. Strapped to Buzz Aldrin's wrist was an OMEGA Speedmaster Professional chronograph. This watch commemorates the first lunar landing and incorporates the colors of the moon and the Apollo 11 lunar and command modules. Limited & numbered edition of 1969 pieces.
Limited edition features:
- The case back is embossed with the Speedmaster logo at the center.
- FLIGHT-QUALIFIED BY NASA FOR ALL MANNED SPACE MISSIONS
- THE FIRST WATCH WORN ON THE MOON.
- APOLLO 11 - 45th ANNIVERSARY - LIMITED EDITION - 102/1969.
- The watch is delivered in a special commemorative box & a limited edition certificate.
Brushed titanium case, pushers and crown. Fixed 18kt sedna (rose) gold bezel with a grey/black ceramic bezel ring & an engraved Tachymetre scale. Matte grey/brown colored dial. The dial is made using a special technique incorporating the use of an advanced laser engraving which removes the material surround the name, sub-dials & minute/seconds track. Blackened dial indications. Applied sedna gold index hour markers. Sedna gold hands, the central hour, minutes & chrono seconds hand with luminous fill. Small seconds dial at 9 o'clock.
- Chronograph functions:
- Large central seconds hand counter.
- 30 minute counter sub-dial at 3 o'clock.
- 12 hour counter sub-dial at 6 o'clock.
Fitted on its original brown nylon fabric NATO style strap with a brushed titanium tang buckle. The strap is in excellent, almost brand new condition, with little to no signs of wear. We would be comfortable rating the strap as in 98% condition.Movement:
Powered by Omega's classic & iconic manual winding caliber 1861, rhodium plated, beats at 21,600 vph (3hz), contains 18 jewels & a has power reserve of +/- 48 hours.Condition: Complications: