LIMITED & NUMBERED EDITION OF ONLY 8 PIECES WORLDWIDE. THIS PIECE IS #8/8. Original MSRP for this watch is $476,600 USD.
Brushed finished titanium case, polished finished bezel & lugs. Grey time dial with a fine sun-ray finish. Applied polished rose gold Roman numeral hour markers. Polished rose gold & skeletonized hour & minute hands. Silver small seconds sub-dial with black & red seconds track & a red hand.
- Minute Repeater: Activated by the slide-lever on the left case side. With a very smooth hour > quarters > minutes sequences, without silent pauses, typical of most repeaters.
- AP Escapement: The AP escapement combines the advantages of an extremely accurate escapement with those of a Swiss-lever escapement, renowned for its reliability. Its innovative design and outstanding performance render this patented system a minor revolution in watchmaking mechanics. The AP design hosts a number of technical features far superior to the traditional Swiss-lever escapement:
- Detached pin-pallet escapement: a single impulse corresponds to two vibrations, causing fewer disturbances to the settings and very high efficiency.
- Improved chronometry: The spring balance isochronism may be adjusted by moving the quiescent point with respect to the impulse given to the balance, thus reducing mechanical disturbances at the escapement increases movement accuracy.
- Optimum long-term stability: tests conducted over five years have shown that this escapement displays excellent operational stability.
- High efficiency: with the conventional Swiss-lever system, the escapement absorbs around 70% of the energy; the new AP system reduces this figure to 50%, enabling a significant boost in efficiency over traditional designs.
- No lubrication on the lifts: the special geometry of the Audemars Piguet escapement means no lubrication - a watchmaker’s dream! - which facilitates maintenance and prevents variations in operation caused by the ageing of lubricants.
- Direct impulse on balance: energy is transmitted directly from the escapement to the balance without passing through a pallet fork, which limits energy losses by improving efficiency.
- Excellent shock resistance: the meticulous shape of the various components (especially the guard pin) and their ultraprecise cut out provide maximum security against knocking and overbanking. This development has been patented by Audemars Piguet.
- Dual balance-spring: featuring two spirals one on top of the other with an attachment point offset by 180°. The system of dual opposing flat balance-springs has many advantages: no more balance-spring "end curves" pioneered by Breguet or Phillips, which require painstaking construction. Automatic compensation for any balance-spring balancing defects, thus improving accuracy. Prevents errors caused by the watch’s vertical position.
Fitted on its original black alligator leather strap with titanium AP design deployant buckle. The strap has only been worn a handful of times and is in almost brand new condition.
The watch is powered by a Audemars Piguet in-house calibre 2910 built from no less than 443 parts, with a frequency of 3 Hz (21,600 vph), 40 jewels & with a very impressive power reserve of +/- 165 hours!
The watch has not been worn more than a handful of times. It is in meticulous & very close to brand new condition. Complications: