Special edition Dark Side of the Moon Apollo 8:
- The dial has been skeletonized to reveal its blackened movement, which has been laser-ablated to represent the lunar surface.
- The near side can be viewed through the dial & features a landscape full of craters to represent our view of the moon’s surface from Earth.
- The far side can be viewed through the case-back which represents the dark side of the moon that only astronauts get to see.
- The case back is engraved with APOLLO 8, DEC 1968, DARK SIDE OF THE MOON & “WE’LL SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE” which were astronoauts' Jim Lovell’s final words spoken to ground control just before the Apollo 8 traveled to the far side of the moon.
Brushed & polished black ceramic case. Polished black ceramic bezel engraved & luminous filled tachymeter scale. Polished black ceramic crown with an engraved & luminous filled Omega logo. Polished black ceramic chronograph buttons. Skeletonized main dial. Black dial flange & sub-dials. Applied blackened index hour markers with luminous fill and printed minute/seconds & fractions of a second track. Blackened hour & minute hands with luminous fill. Small seconds sub-dial with white hand located at the 9 o'clock position.
- Chronograph function:
- Yellow chronograph related hands
- Large central seconds hand counter with luminous filled tip.
- 30 minute counter sub-dial at 3 o'clock.
- 12 hour counter sub-dial at 6 o'clock.
Fitted on its original & unworn black perforated calfskin strap with yellow stitching & interior. With a black ceramic tang buckle. The strap is 100% unworn & in brand new condition.Movement:
Powered by an Omega manual winding caliber 1869 which is a specially decorated version of OMEGA’s famous calibre 1861. Beats at 21,600 vph (3Hz), contains 19 jewels & has a power reserve of +/- 48 hours.Condition:
In absolutely brand new & unworn condition. We purchased this watch off a collector who pre-ordered it but had a change of heart. The watch is delivered with the complete set box of papers. Watch Features: