OMEGA Speedmaster Moonwatch Apollo XVII commemorating the 45th anniversary of the final moon landing in 1972. Limited & numbered edition of 1972 pieces.
Limited edition features:
- 05:34 GMT in red text on the dial, indicating the precise time astronaut Eugene Cernan made the final step on the moon.
- 9 o'clock sub-dial features a representation of Apollo and the moon – etched in PVD in a chrome color.
- The case back is engraved with '45th ANNIVERSARY - LIMITED EDITION xxxx/1972' and features an embossed Apollo XVII mission patch & an embossed 'APOLLO * XVII - A TRIBUTE TO GENE CERNAN'.
- Delivered in a special box with a transcription of Mr Cernans short speech as he stepped up the ladder to depart from the moon.
Brushed & polished stainless steel case. Stainless steel bezel ring with with polished blue ceramic fill and a Tachymeter scale in Ceragold (yellow gold). Polished blue zirconium oxide ceramic dial, with [ZrO2] engraved on the dial directly above the center hands. Applied yellow gold index hour markers with luminous tips. Fine printed minute/seconds & fractions of a second track. Polished yellow gold time related hands, hour & minute hands with luminous fill. White chrono related hands. Small continuous running second hand sub-dial located at the 9 o'clock position.
- Chronograph functions:
- Large central seconds hand counter.
- 30 minute counter sub-dial at 3 o'clock.
- 12 hour counter sub-dial at 6 o'clock.
Fitted on its original stainless steel bracelet with a push-button deployant clasp. The bracelet is fully linked & will fit up to an 8-1/8" (20.5 cm)wrist.Movement:
Powered by Omega's classic & iconic manual winding caliber 1861, rhodium plated, beats at 21,600 vph (3hz), contains 18 jewels & a has power reserve of +/- 48 hours.Condition:
In overall excellent near-new condition. We have had the watch lightly refinished to remove most signs of wear. The watch is now near perfect. Delivered in its original special commemorative box with all papers & limited edition certificate. Complications: