A spectacular set consisting of a watch with an enamel cloisonné dial & a multi-layered Egg of the Tsars. Both the watch & the egg are matching limited & numbered editions of only 30 pieces, this being #06/30.
Egg of the Tsars:
- Platinum case, polished finished.
- Enamel Cloisonne dial with St. Basil in the Red Square, each dial took 1 month to create. Cloisonné is an ancient technique for decorating metalwork objects. The decoration is formed first by affixing thin gold strips placed on their edges creating compartments (cloisons in French), next the enameling process begins with inlays of different colors, finally forming this spectacular dial.
- Polished white gold hands.
- Solid case back engraved with the figures of Kosma Minin and Dmitri Posharski, who liberated Moscow from the Polish occupants in 1612.
- Powered by a UN calibre
- Produced by renowned Russian artist Andrei Georgievich Ananov. Ananov, a contemporary jewelry master, is considered a successor to Peter Carl Fabergé, who crafted the first of the 50 imperial eggs in 1885.
- Egg made of translucent blue enamel with a mesmerizing guilloche pattern. The perimeter of the egg is encircled with a platinum & diamond studded outline of the Saint Basil and the Kremlin wall skyline. The inner shell of the Egg is made of 14kt yellow gold with the same guilloche pattern. The Egg rests on a base of 14kt yellow gold anchors (Ulysse Nardin logo), chains & marble.
- Elaborate blue wood display box.
The watch was purchased by a collector & kept in a safe. The watch is in unworn condition with a crisp unworn blue strap. The Egg is also in perfect condition. The set comes complete with all documents.