Polished 18kt rose gold case. Silver dial with fine indications & polished rose gold hands. The watch features:
- Regulator Time:
- Minute sub-dial (top center).
- Offset hour sub-dial (bottom right)
- Offset seconds sub-dial (bottom left), mounted on the Tourbillon.
- Pivoting Dial Segment:
- In order to showcase the Tourbillon & to assure the uninterrupted readability of the hour, a segment of the hour dial bearing the numerals VIII, IX and X flips into view at 6 o’clock & retracts again at 12 o’clock, when the pivoting dial segment is no longer needed.
- Stop Seconds:
- When the crown is pulled, a V-shaped spring engages & stops the seconds, allowing for precise setting of the time.
- 60 seconds tourbillon aperture with a polished rose gold hand fixed to the tourbillon doubling as a seconds hand.
- The tourbillon consists of 84 parts and weighs a mere 0.25 grams. The surface of the cage is black-polished in a process that requires up to 5 days and tolerates no errors.
- Fusee-and-chain transmission:
- Designed to regulate a constant force of energy from when the watch is fully wound until it winds down.
- The flow of power between the mainspring-barrel and the going-train is established by a chain comprised of 636 parts, which create 212 links, which forms a chain 152mm long. As the mainspring unwinds, the chain wraps around it and reels off the fusee. When the mainspring is fully wound and thus exerting great force, the chain pulls at the smaller radius of the fusee where the leverage is reduced. As the springs tension diminishes, the chain pulls at the larger radius with more leverage.
- The "fusee-and-chain transmission" is visible through a cutout in the 3/4 plate.
- More about the A. Lange & Sohne calibre L072.1:
- Beats at a frequency of 21'600 vph.
- Composed out of 352 parts (+636 chain parts = 988 total parts).
- Contains 33 jewels.
- Has an approximate power reserve of 36 hours.
- Movement 3/4 back plate is finely finished with striped/ribbed finish and polished beveled edges.
- The balance-cock is hand engraved making each watch unique.
The watch is fitted on its original, barely worn, deep brown alligator strap with a solid 18kt rose gold deployant buckle.
In the short period the original owner possessed this watch, it was worn a handful of times at most. It is is in almost brand new condition, we would comfortably rate this at a 98% condition. It is literally a few days away from being brand new. The watch comes with its full set of box & papers & the majority of the factory warranty is still in effect. Watch Features: