Audemars Piguet 26053pt.oo.d002cr.01 Complete Details:
An extremely limited production of these were ever made. Call for availability & price.
An Equation Of Time (aka EOT) complication indicates the difference between "true" solar time (that of nature) and "mean" solar time (that of man). As the earth orbits around the sun in an elliptical (oval) shape & the axis is tilted - there are only 4 days a year when the day is exactly 24 hours long April 15th, June 14th, September 1st and December 24th. All other days of the year the days are shorter or longer - depending in the position of the earth. This watch will show the difference between the "mean" time & the "true" time. Since the of the days are fixed year after year (at the same location) a watch can be manufactured to replicate the correction via a shaped cam which elongates & shortens the days accordingly.
Decorated skeletonized rotor - can be personalized for an additional cost, the standard version has the AP letters.
These watches need to be set at the factory in Switzerland to your exact location - this location will be printed on the rim of the EOT bezel ring. Delivery for this watch can take between 12-24 weeks. Orders for this watch are considered "special order items" & cannot be canceled. A 50% deposit is required to place an order for this watch.
- Brushed/Satin finished platinum case with a Polished finished smooth bezel & lugs.
- Completely skeletonized dial with silver rimmed sub-dials.
- Bold white gold applied Roman Numeral hour markers.
- Elegant polished leaf-shaped white gold hour & minute hands.
- Perpetual Calendar complication featuring:
- Date sub-dial at the 6 o'clock position.
- Day of the week sub-dial at the center of the 6 o'clock Date sub-dial.
- Month sub-dial at the 12 o'clock position with the center doubling a moonphase indicator. With a small leap year indicator directly to the right of this sub-dial
- Equation of Time (EOT) Complications - all of these complication are synchronized to the perpetual calendar with no corrections necessary:
- Sunrise sub-dial at the 3 o'clock position - advance & reverses as necessary throughout the year.
- Sunset sub-dial at the 9 o'clock position - advance & reverses as necessary throughout the year.
- EOT Hand (large waved shaped hand with sun at the end) - indicates the difference between the "mean" time & the "true" time.
- AP Caliber 2120/2808 SQ beats at 19,800 vph, contains 41 jewels & has an approximate power reserve of 40 hours.
- Includes a large AP presentation box with a battery driven AP designed watch winder.
Perpetual Calendar | Moonphase | Equation Of Time
This watch is also known as 26053ptood002cr01